Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2007 - Fusion Cafe: Visual Presentation 2






It was this class that I fell in love with the production aspect of visual merchandising.  I worked with three other students and our professor to design the elements of a restaurant, from the architectural materials, waitress uniforms, table top settings to the menus.

As difficult as it was to learn draping, striking a mannequin and sewing, it was worth it.  I learned how to push my limits and think outside the box.  I lived at LIM during this semester (they even turned off all the lights and locked us inside), but the display was apart of the ribbon cutting for the 45th Street location which was the most rewarding.

My favorite part was building the cobble stone floors with insulation board, a hot glue gun and sand paper!

1 comment: