Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Visual Retailing Program





One of the coolest programs I have ever used, Visual Retailing.  We were able to create and design a retail store from the bottom up.  We selected the fixtures, clothes, created logos, etc.  You could import images or take photographs of the clothes and alter them to be stacks of clothing, hanging or have them dressed on a mannequin.

My sophomore year I created Byrd, a female clothing store that offered whimsical and dainty clothes, ( I worked at Anthropologie at the time :), so I was heavily influenced with the beauty of their brand).  The images on the wall were of outdoor scenery and changed per season and a metal bird cage structure created a warm and inviting atmosphere.

My second store Tee, a golf store, was created my senior year where we learned how to build our own fixtures in the program.  I altered familiar fixtures to use a club stands and nested tables to create T shapes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment